Quillin Weaving

A blog about spinning, dyeing and fiber related things.

Sunday, February 25, 2007



Art yarn from yesterday's post, finished and dried. It is wool, cotton and rayon, 116 yards.

This evening I've been knitting. This seems such a decadent pastime to me as I always feel like I should be spinning or weaving. However, my house is full of this beautiful hand dyed, hand spun yarn and my fingers just itch to get into some of it and make something before it flies out the door. I am making a hat. It is orange and olive greens and much nicer color combination than it sounds like it would be. Autumn is my favorite time of the year and this yarn is like having Fall in my hands. Of course where I live it was in the 70's today and not very Fall like, but I'm an optimist and I'm hoping someone will see the hat and decide they want to make one of their own, using my handspun preferably. I love to see people wearing hand made hats, or really hand made anything because I think things made by hand are a thousand times better than stuff made on machines or by slave labor overseas. I believe all gifts should be hand made! Let's start a revolution!

1 comment:

Judi said...

Hi!

I'm in the process of buying a Country Spinner and after reading your experience with it, did you feel that it was a worthwhile investment for you? I do have both a Lendrum and a Louet S10 (very old model)and of the two, the Louet does great with bulky yarns, although, its bobbin barely holds the very bulky yarns. I'm debating whether I should buy the country spinner just for holding more yarn... is it true that you don't have to ply on it? I'm in kind of a limbo whether to spend money on a wheel or just work with the hweels I have? Thanks for your reply.