Quillin Weaving

A blog about spinning, dyeing and fiber related things.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Yarn Everywhere! This week I was juried into the local Farmer's Market in Las Cruces, so if you are in need of yarn or roving come by and see me Saturday between 9-1:30 - winter hours. The dyepots at the house have been working overtime and the purple yarn above is the one I was spinning during the Ramble last Friday - for those of you whom I met at that time. I'm excited to be in the market, some of you will remember that I helped start the Hobbs Farmer's Market and we modeled it on this one here in Las Cruces. I am a big believer in Farmer's Markets because they are one of the best ways to build a community. They do more for good will than any golf course or chamber of commerce. They are a great place to visit with your neighbors and make new friends - and don't forget to EAT LOCALLY!



If you are on the web and too far away to visit the Las Cruces Farmer's Market then the best place to see Outstanding yarn is from Lynn at the Yarnwench http://yarnwench.com/hers is the standard the rest of us should go by. I have admired her work for years and encourage anyone with any interest in yarn and spinning to visit her site.



Go make something!

No comments: