Quillin Weaving

A blog about spinning, dyeing and fiber related things.

Friday, October 29, 2010

Sock Yarn

Autumn has officially been with us just over a month now and the knitting season is in full swing. So many people have asked me about sock yarn that I am now offering Wildefoote Yarn that is hand dyed. It is a Merino and Nylon blend that makes the most wonderful soft durable socks. I do not spin sock yarn because I cannot spin and ply that finely - others in this active spinning community are able to do so. I will stay with my bulky singles and two plys and be perfectly happy. However for those of you who NEED sock yarn I will have eight new colors on Saturday at the market. A reminder that we vendors will be dressed up for Halloween and there will be children trick-or-treating. Hope to see you there!

No comments: