Quillin Weaving

A blog about spinning, dyeing and fiber related things.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Almost Autumn

The Autumnal Equinox is just around the corner and it got me to thinking about my favorite colors this time of year. Oranges and greens with just a bit of frost - like flowers in the garden, pumpkins and cooler mornings. So I made up a couple of batts  and did some corespinning on the Ashford.


One reason I love to make batts is that you can combine opposite colors on the color wheel and create some wonderful optical blending. This is some of my hand dyed merino corriedale mixed with sari silk waste, crystal mylar and some lovely champagne colored Border Leicester locks. On the wheel it looked like this:
The finished skein came in at 10.2 ounces and 160 yards.
Available over in the etsy store. I'll be posting new fall yarns in the next week.

No comments: