Quillin Weaving

A blog about spinning, dyeing and fiber related things.

Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Morning Spinning

A belated Happy New Year to all of you. I'm late getting started in blogging this year, am amazed that a week of this new year has already gone by. There are so many new things I want to try this year and many more I want to blog about as I do them - so I will begin with today. It is windy and warm today in New Mexico, so much so that you would think spring is right around the corner.

Years ago when I started spinning art yarns I did some autowrapping of corespun yarn, but had pretty much neglected the technique as too fiddly. Yesterday I happened across the wonderful Youtube videos that Steph Gorin made using the new Ashford Country Spinner. (I wanted one and was checking them out.) To find these go to Youtube.com and put in Steph Gorin Ashford and a whole series of things will come up. She reminded me what fun autowrapping can be. That was how I began the morning, with some coffee and a little wild fiber.........


This quickly became this.

 This is the finished skein out in the sunshine.
Just to remind you that color is a good thing. Do not be afraid of color. Not everything needs to match. Those are my words of wisdom for you as we begin the new year.

For those of you who wanted a sampler loom from our etsy store, they are back in stock. This time they are beautiful dark rich walnut in three sizes. Available Here.


No comments: