Quillin Weaving

A blog about spinning, dyeing and fiber related things.

Saturday, May 24, 2008


The orange weaving I posted a couple of times ago became this Tangerine Dream Vest. I took it with me to Carlsbad this week and it went to a new home yesterday. I loved how the colors played together. There was a lot of texture in this and lots of different kinds of fiber including-- cotton (warp), wool, silk and novelty yarns. I like to use different textures in things because they come out so much more tactile. This vest also has buttons sewn randomly on the lapels to keep them in place. The other view is of the back.




1 comment:

Meaghan said...

Hi Dedri,

I recently purchased a 4-harness Herald Loom. I've been trying to resolve issues with the break for the back beam. I'm a beginner weaver and as you know there is limited information on Heralds. My mentor suspects that it is a friction break system. What type of break does your Herald have? Thanks for your help in this. -Meaghan