Quillin Weaving

A blog about spinning, dyeing and fiber related things.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Fleece

With 30 fleece sitting around waiting to be washed and worked into yarn, it was hard to be patient. So what did I do with all that fleece? After washing it, I've been dying it in small batches like this:

Then I carded it on a fine tooth Louet drum carder and added some crystal mylar and sari silk waste - what is life without a little bling?

Then I corespun it into this yarn which is available over in the etsy shop here.

*Sold*
One difference between this corespun and others that I spin is that the locks carded on the fine tooth carder make a smaller and smoother corespun yarn. This is rambouilette with wensleydale locks and is very very soft. The wool takes color well and is not dull at all.

No comments: