Quillin Weaving

A blog about spinning, dyeing and fiber related things.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Color

There are many reasons I love what I do but today in the Autumn Sunshine I was reminded again of why I love dyeing yarn. Color in all it's splendor......

Just about the time I think the summer colors are my favorite, the seasons change and the autumn coolness makes me shift. These are mainly duets that I dye two at a time, one skein is the textural cotton and rayon blend, the sister skein is the rayon ribbon. They are lovely to knit with although I have used them as warp on the loom with an 8/2 tencel for weft. Look for them soon in the etsy shop - all but the red which is already sold.

Although it is beautiful here in the desert today our thoughts are with those of you on the east coast. Blessed Be.

No comments: