Quillin Weaving

A blog about spinning, dyeing and fiber related things.

Friday, November 09, 2012

November





A cold morning to hang out roving but the color looks vibrant in the early light. Time to get back to things that matter after the election hoopla is over. I for one am glad the stupidity is done and hope to be able to answer the phone again without throwing it across the room as yet another recorded message comes across. Just for the record recorded messages make me hostile and very unlikely to vote in favor of anything they purvey. I read somewhere online that over a billion dollars has been spent on advertising for this election. That seems unconscionable considering how many programs have been cut and how many Americans go hungry on a regular basis. Is that really a good use of money? OK getting down off my soapbox to show you some new yarns that will soon appear here.
These are done from wild child batts that I make with corriedale, merino, blue faced leicester wools all hand dyed (see above)


1 comment:

MulticoloredPieces said...

Such lovely colors. I particularly like the last one--very sunny. You make me want to go back to spinning...It's just that I don't really have much use for wool in a warm climate. And I agree with you about the waste of money for a lot of hot air.
best from Tunisia,
nadia