Quillin Weaving

A blog about spinning, dyeing and fiber related things.

Friday, June 07, 2013

Passion

We hear a lot in the creative community about living your passion, or finding your passion. I know for years I thought about that, the passionate drive to live an authentic life. It was as if a person had to find their passion and adhere to it religiously to really be a creative person. I struggled with that for a long time because I would have a deep interest in something but it would fade and become an interest in something else. That creative unrest made me explore soft sculpture, pastel, oil painting, gardening, weaving, spinning and dyeing. All through my explorations I questioned if I was living authentically and passionately enough. Now through opening the fiber arts store I have a new definition of living passionately - it is when you do something all day, talking with others about it, looking at it, living in the essence of something and you go home at the end of the day so tired that you cannot remember what it is like not to be tired........ and all you want to do is more of that thing...........
May you all live passionately.

1 comment:

Kym said...

You're words are so eloquent. And also so true. I feel passionately about this adventure and couldn't have chosen a better person to be on it with than you! Thanks xoxoxo