Quillin Weaving

A blog about spinning, dyeing and fiber related things.

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Social media

I have a confession to make- I'm old and don't understand the world of social media. I want to be one of the in crowd and skate through sites like Pintrest and Instagram with hardly a second thought. But the truth is that I understand slow yarn much better.  

This summer has been a good one for solar dyeing. Each pot takes a whole day and then sits through the night to cool down. The real advantage of summer is that the roving dries much faster. 
If there's one thing we do well here in New Mexico it is hot weather. I will be solar dying into November. 

I've also been spinning when I can get away from the shop for a while.

I'm still here in the digital world although my posts here have been sporadic. You can find me on Pintrest and Instagram and ravelry.

No comments: