Quillin Weaving

A blog about spinning, dyeing and fiber related things.

Monday, November 16, 2015

Swatching

Colorways. Sometimes I create colorways by putting the colors together that seem to have something to say to earn other. Like triads on the color wheel that make other secondary colors when gestating in the dyepot. Sometimes they contain opposites on the color wheel and I like how they speak to each other. But roving is one thing and spun yarn can be very different - so now I am swatching my color ways after fractal spinning. I'm finding that I know these colors in a whole new way. 

The swatching makes me think of colorways as potential garments, something real and in my closet!

If you read this blog and wonder where the activity is you can find more current postings over on Instagram under my name dedriquillin.

No comments: