Quillin Weaving

A blog about spinning, dyeing and fiber related things.

Monday, November 13, 2006

Creativity was the issue at hand all this past weekend. Our art association hosted a workshop by Renee Steger Simpson www.reneestegersimpson.com on accessing creativity and finding new ways to see your art. While Renee works in visual media and I usually work in fiber, I found many ideas to inspire me with my weaving in the future. Probably the most inspiring thing about being around Renee is that she incorporates art into all facets of her life, it doesn't just live in the studio. She made me want to spend every minute of the day making my world more creative.


I also discovered Kim Antieau's new/old blog on the Church of the Old Mermaids. This blog is about the book Kim is writing, but the Old Mermaids have become so much more on the internet. http://oldmermaids.blogspot.com They are a philosophy of compassion and creativity and honoring the sacred in your life, in whatever form you find it. We need more old mermaids out there in the world.


Yes, this blog is still about weaving. The weaving on the looms continues apace here with red scarves on the small loom and a blue special order shawl being measured for the warp on the large loom. All this art and creativity weaves its way into my life and makes it much richer. This window on the world that we call the internet allows us to weave so many more lives together.

No comments: