Quillin Weaving

A blog about spinning, dyeing and fiber related things.

Monday, November 20, 2006

I've been measuring warp today. Three projects off the warping board this morning. It is going to be a busy week with the holiday right in the middle. Yesterday afternoon I started helping with the checking in of artwork for our local art association Christmas gallery. All those beautiful items made by some of the talented local artists made me want to come home and MAKE THINGS! One of the things I love about art is that a painting can inspire a weaving, and hopefully vice versa. I am grateful to be part of this group of people. They inspire me, encourage me and put up with me when I have once again managed to get both feet in my mouth.

I am almost through with the next project from Zati, Weaving a Life. It was an easy project to make but the thinking it provoked was anything but simple. I was reminded again that I am not good at setting boundaries in my life. That I continue to agree to do things I really don't want to and have no one to blame but myself. Perhaps I'll have to make a new year's resolution about that.

May your weaving and your life be free of tangles.

1 comment:

Peaceful/Paisible said...

and if by any chance you manage to find how to say NO instead of always YES , please my friend, tell me...
take care
Mousie