Quillin Weaving

A blog about spinning, dyeing and fiber related things.

Saturday, September 30, 2006



After a cool morning it is warming up fast today. On my walk this morning my mind was working on the tie up system for the Herald loom. There were no books with this loom and I had never seen one before so the tie up system was something of a mystery. Yesterday I spent the afternoon cutting wire and trying different things. A terrible mess was all I succeeded in creating. This morning the solution was right there for my mind to stumble across on the walk. It is amazing how that works. So I came home and tried it and wove a few rows just to be sure it would work. Now I am ready to get started.

Also on the walk there was an amazing smell of chili and mesquite. I asked around and found out that there will be a chili cookoff today at our local event center.

Chili and weaving, what could be better for a beautiful fall day?

2 comments:

madelinetosh said...

did you ever find out any more information about your herald loom? i recently purchased one but am having trouble finding anything about them.

Meaghan said...

Hi Deirdre,

I've recently purchased a Herald Loom myself, and have been trying to figure out a workable tie up system. What did you end up using?

-Meaghan