Quillin Weaving

A blog about spinning, dyeing and fiber related things.

Saturday, September 23, 2006



Today is the Autumn Equinox and a time when the world hangs in balance between the length of day and night. A magical time when anything seems possible. Fall has come early here on the plains of New Mexico. The grasses along the trails are heavy with seeds and the birds are very busy. It is cooler this year earlier than the past few according to my journal. On the walk this morning the air was crisp and dry and my favorite friend Frisbee (dog) bounced from one exciting scent to the next.

This picture is of a scarf I just finished this past week. It is a spice color chenille with some fancy threads woven in at the ends and randomly throughout. I love the color as it reminds me of the season and the promise of wearing cozy sweaters soon.

No comments: