Quillin Weaving

A blog about spinning, dyeing and fiber related things.

Sunday, September 24, 2006



Today is pretty exciting. A new loom arrived from Phoenix last night and we set it up first thing this morning. This is an eight harness loom from a company called Herald Loom. It is 50" wide and made of oak. This thing is heavy. My husband drove all night from our home in NM to Phx which is 10.5 hours each way to pick up and bring this loom to me. Now that is love for you! My other loom is a Harrisville 4-harness, 36" wide loom. It is great but I wanted something heavier and wider with more harnesses to work with. Murphy the loom-cat has thoroughly checked out the new loom and it seemed to pass inspection. We have two cats, Murphy and George. George can't be bothered with things like looms but Murphy is always right there anytime I get the thread out and start measuring a warp.

It is raining here this morning and kind of cool. Our low last night was 49.

No comments: