Quillin Weaving

A blog about spinning, dyeing and fiber related things.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006



An alpaca from the Wool Festival. They are smaller than Llamas and have finer grade fiber. This little guy has blue eyes. He was not sure about all the strange people wanting to touch him and he watched them carefully.

I can't decide if it really takes longer to thread a straight draw on eight harness than four or if it only seems longer. Today I will be finishing the threading for the next shawl on the Herald loom, it does seem to take a long time. For some reason yesterday all that threading of heddles made me want to get back to the oil painting. I have been struggling with a large canvas of iris for several months and finally made some good progress yesterday afternoon. Maybe oil painting and weaving go well together because they are so different, yet both are so reliant on color. Now that it is fall the colors around me seem so much more vibrant. Wherever you are I hope you are able to get out and enjoy your day!

No comments: