Quillin Weaving

A blog about spinning, dyeing and fiber related things.

Saturday, October 14, 2006



Summer is my least favorite season. Now that fall is officially here I feel ready to tackle all kinds of projects and find that there are rarely enough hours in the day for all I want to do. Now my energy is divided between weaving and painting, when I'm doing one I'm often thinking of the other.

This white shawl is one I wove in the late summer. It has a kind of long eyelash yarn that sticks out all over giving it a furry soft feel. I entered it in our local art show last week and was pleased to win a second place with it. Unless it sells at the show it is probably destined for an auction to aide our local Humane Society. What good is art if it does not allow us to contribute to our favorite causes?

It is gray and rainy here this morning. On my smaller loom is a warp for two red scarves that will go to the Christmas gallery later in the year. I like to think of someone getting one of my pieces as a present and always hope they are as entranced with the colors and textures as I am. www.quillinfiberarts.com

No comments: