Quillin Weaving

A blog about spinning, dyeing and fiber related things.

Monday, October 30, 2006



The oak trees are turning in my yard. The nights are getting cooler and the wind is blowing, bringing in change with the turning of the year. Tomorrow is All Hallows Eve and the change from the light to the dark part of the year. I have always enjoyed the fall and winter most. In weaving terms we would say that the warp is advancing with the turning of the leaves. I am making warm cozy scarves in colors of autumn. They will leave me with hopes that they will keep others warm as they walk their paths through the world. As the year begins to turn may the Holy Goddess hold you close in the palm of her hand and wrap you warmly to keep out the chill.

1 comment:

laurie in maine said...

Hi~
Exploring blogs/keyword weaving and found you :)
I have a 4 harness tabletop loom (LeClerc's Dorothy). It seems to expand to 8; perhaps 12 (although I think that would be a tight fit without longer length beams.

(getting to the point:) What size reed are you using for your scarves?

Mine came with a 12 dent. Wondering if I should invest in atleast one more reed to allow thicker warp.

LOVE your scarves.

Thinking of upgrading to 8 harnesses. But first must redeem my ownership of Dorothy - having let her sit unused for 16 years. Guilt/confessed story told in my latest blog entries.

Hoping to create something a little more beautiful (or at least softer!) for my third effort at weaving, so as not to lose interest by turning out uninspired samples. What fibers do you weave with?

(going back to explore your blog/website for a closer look now!)