Quillin Weaving

A blog about spinning, dyeing and fiber related things.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006



Since my weather is cold and foggy I thought I would share another image of the wool festival. All the beautiful things I saw have inspired me to work on new ideas here at home. Yesterday I measured a warp that will use some new hand dyed yarn as a weft. This will be the first shawl on the Herald loom. I am still trying to get the rods the correct length. It had short rods when it came to me and I had new ones cut but they are a little too long and will have to be trimmed to size. One of my errands this morning is having the front rod trimmed down about three inches.

One thing northern New Mexico does is inspire you to try new color combinations. There are so many beautiful browns, golds and blues up there in the landscape that it is great inspiration for weaving. The chamisa was in bloom.

www.quillinfiberarts.com

No comments: