Quillin Weaving

A blog about spinning, dyeing and fiber related things.

Thursday, December 07, 2006




The dog is better and I've been busy! Frisbee has survived her latest crisis and while I am at a loss as to how she could have cut the underneath side of her tongue, I am grateful that she is better. I have assured everyone I know that I do not ever let her lick out of tin cans so it remains a mystery. In the meantime I have been dyeing wool roving for spinning. The green one and the yellow in the middle are about 4oz each and the red at the bottom is about 6oz. They are corridale top roving and it dyes beautifully using acid dyes from Dharma. http://dharmatrading.com I think a person could spend a lot of time just playing with the colors. I can't wait to put these in something handwoven. The spinning is coming along quickly with the new Ashford Joy wheel.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Beautiful! I love the colors - especially the brown/gold one.

Peaceful/Paisible said...

gorgeous...I love the red one...and it looks so soft...
are you a real fairy to have such clever fingers???
I'll come back..
see you dear,
Mousie