Quillin Weaving

A blog about spinning, dyeing and fiber related things.

Monday, December 04, 2006

We had snow at the end of last week. While it was probably only 1/2 an inch it was great to see the white stuff. This is the field south of my house where the buffalo grass was left to grow high in the summer. I have always loved the gold it turns in the fall. This is also the last full moon of the year. In typical full moon fashion things around here are a little haywire. The dog has been sick and is at the vet's this morning. She should be back home later today. As my full time best buddy it is awful when she is gone.
To keep busy this weekend I worked on this project that is 50% merino wool and 50% silk. The heavier threads are a merino hand dye that blended well with this weft on the shuttle. I think it will be a shawl unless I get a wild hair and cut it up to be something else!

The new spinning wheel is getting quite a bit of use and I'm hopeful there will be pictures of yarns to show you later in the week.

Stay warm.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

The merino/silk is beautiful - I love the colors.