Quillin Weaving

A blog about spinning, dyeing and fiber related things.

Thursday, December 21, 2006



A Merry Winter Solstice to you all. This view is of the elms north of my house and the sun at its most golden this time of year. No wonder so much of my weaving is gold and brown (OK so there is no excuse for so much purple!). This time of year is my favorite. No excuse needed to stay in and work with fiber projects. A pot of tea just seems mandatory and not excessive at all. I've been dying roving at a great rate to fill those long dark evenings with productive spinning. In the new year I may have some posts with handwoven items made from hand spun yarn. I will admit to knitting more than weaving just recently and I blame it entirely on the yarn. Who can wait until there is enough spun up to weave something when you can just jump in with the knitting needles and have instant gratification!

Holiday blessings to you all and may your presents be fiber related!

2 comments:

freethoughtguy said...

Nice view! Winter Solstice is the original "Reason for the Season." Greetings!

Jeanne said...

Beautiful picture! Can't wait to see the pictures on what you are making. Have a nice holiday!