Quillin Weaving

A blog about spinning, dyeing and fiber related things.

Saturday, August 03, 2013

August 3

Here is the plied yarn from days one and two. I like the blues of this with just a little bit of saffron.



Today's ball was slightly larger and came in at 1.3 ounces.

This is the batt before it was spun. 

On the spindle.

1.3 ounces!
Here is tomorrow's batt.


So all of this is well and good and I am getting better at spinning on the Turkish spindle but I had a thought. What if we put all these little skeins up for sale at the shop during this month as they are made, up until the middle of September. Then the proceeds will be donated to our local chapter of SNAP which is the Spay and Neuter Action Program here in Las Cruces. Some of the other Turkish spinners here asked if they could join in and I think that is a great idea. Hopefully we can raise some money for this very worthwhile charity this month. Come join me at the shop and spin some or email me pictures of what you are currently working on. You can also follow us on Facebook Here

No comments: