Quillin Weaving

A blog about spinning, dyeing and fiber related things.

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Slowly Spinning through August

Yesterday I completely forgot to take a picture of the day's spinning before I had finished it and plied it with that pink from the day before. So here is the complete skein. It is about 72 yards and weighs about 2 ounces. What can you do with that amount of yarn? Fingerless gloves on size 9 knitting needles. Hat on size 11. Add it to something else......

This is the skein from today. It is an organic polwarth and sari silk mix. Nice to spin. The one for tomorrow is exactly the same.




One of the things I want to learn next is Navajo Plying directly on the Turkish spindle. Maybe if I get some time to practice this weekend I will have something new to show you next week. 

We received new spinning wheels at the store this afternoon and they will be assembled and ready for inspection (and trial) early next week. 

Also just a reminder that the Southwest Regional Spinners Spin-In is this Sunday at Susan Jewell's place on Wyatt from 1-4pm. Everyone is welcome. Email me if you need directions!

No comments: