Quillin Weaving

A blog about spinning, dyeing and fiber related things.

Thursday, August 08, 2013

August 8

We actually had rain last night. I am so used to the drought around here that rain is a huge surprise.

This is the ball from yesterday.

Off the spindle.


Time flies and life changes. Five years ago today my father died suddenly of a heart attack. It is strange to find yourself without any of the people you grew up with and knew. The people who knew you when you were young and foolish. The people who knew exactly how you liked your toast and tea. My father was a strong combination of opposites. He was terrible with money but the most generous person I have known. He had a wicked sense of humor but was often depressed. He was a great cook but disliked almost all healthy food. Ours was never an easy relationship although I do miss him. I am sorry my sister did not have more time with him and he with her. They were more alike than not. 

My advice for you today is to hug the people you love and tell them you are glad they are in your life because one day they won't be. 

No comments: